Shlomi Steve Levy
Shlomi Steve Levy is a Quebec lawyer, Canadian Legal Advisor and Partner at Altro Levy.
Shlomi Steve Levy is a partner at Altro Levy. Mr. Levy’s practice focuses primarily on cross border tax and estate planning, cross border real estate transactions, domestic and international trusts, international law and corporate matters.
Prior to working at Altro Levy, Mr. Levy practiced as an attorney in the areas of civil and commercial litigation and corporate planning. He earned his Bachelor of Laws from the University of Montreal in 2002. He received his B.A. with Honors in History from McGill University in 1998. In 2014, Mr. Levy completed his Juris Doctor degree in North American Common Law at the University of Montreal.
Mr. Levy is a frequent contributor on “Dollars and Sense” airing on CJAD 800 AM radio in English and he is often called upon as a guest speaker across North America to discuss cross border tax and estate planning.
Mr. Levy is a member of the Quebec Bar.
- University of Montreal, 2014, J.D.
- University of Montreal, 2002, LL.B.
- McGill University, 1998, B.A.
Recent Articles & Media Interviews by Shlomi
- Want to buy property in the U.S.? Read this first
–Financial Post, March 2015
- Exceptions pour investisseurs étrangers – IMPÔT SUR LES BIENS IMMOBILIERS AUX ÉTATS-UNIS
–Le Magazine Snowbirds du Québec, November 2014
- Partir en Floride la tête en paix
–Les Affaires, September 2014
- Investing in U.S. Property
–Advisor.ca, September 2014
- US Immigration Options and Canadians and the IRS
–Canal Argent, April 24, 2014
- Not many selected for work visas
–Le Journal de Montréal, April 7, 2014
- Snowbirds, citoyens américains: sortez la tête du sable
–La Presse, February 19, 2014
- La fiducie, la solution.
–Le Magazine Snowbirds du Québec, December 2013
- Snowbirds: gare aux griffes du fisc américain
–Les Affaires, September 21, 2013
- Canal argent – Parlons d’argent
Cross Border Blogs by Shlomi
- The Upward Trend of the U.S. Housing Market: Follow-Up to the 2015 Florida Real Estate Market Report
- Considering a Condo? A Checklist for Canadians Investing in US Real Estate
- The Cost of Expatriation: U.S. Citizens Living in Canada
- Tax Issues for American Corporations: Corporate Inversions
- Tax Issues for Americans Living in Canada: FATCA
- FATCA Update
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 514-940-8070
Honors and Affiliation
- Member of the Quebec Bar
- Member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP)
- Member of the Canadian Bar Association
- Member of the Young Bar Association of Montreal (AJBM)
- Member of the Association de Planification Fiscale et Financière (APFF)
- Member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (Qualified Practitioner route)
- Member of the Federation CJA Leadership and Development Program
- General secretary of the board of directors of La Communauté Sepharade Unifiée du Quebec and general legal counsel
- Quebec – 2004
- Canadian Legal Advisor (CLA)