David A. Altro and Jonah Z. Spiegleman’s book Americans in Canada – Smile the IRS is Watching You! has been excerpted in The Globe and Mail twice, most recently last week. The excerpt is a primer on filing U.S. income tax returns for American expats in Canada, who are obligated to file taxes with the IRS due to the U.S.’s citizenship-based taxation policy. In the excerpt published by the The Globe this summer, “U.S. expats in Canada, the IRS is eyeing your RRSPs”, David and Jonah deal with the cross-border tax consequences for Canadian-resident U.S. citizens who contribute to RRSPs. Both articles can be found below or by clicking the links above. Read the rest of this entry »
Recent Blog Posts
- Advisor.ca – How to bring 401(k)s and IRAs to Canada
- David A. Altro Presenting at a Seminar by one of the largest US home builders: Lennar
- Is the Florida Land Trust the Right Plan for Canadians?
- Advisor.ca – Disability tax credits for dual residents
- Expatriation: An Overview for Americans Living in Canada