Working at Altro Levy LLP
At Altro Levy LLP we recognize that every team member adds value to our practice. We offer a working environment that is exciting and fast-paced. We encourage self-motivated learning and professional development. Our firm culture encourages our professionals to be interested in business development initiatives. Our values demonstrate that team members are not only to be evaluated on billable hours but other contributions to the Firm’s practice.
Though our Firm has office locations throughout Canada and the U.S., we operate as one Firm. Our Firm culture is team oriented, where teammates are encouraged to communicate openly and work together within a positive and professional environment. We place high value on exceeding the needs of our clients. As part of our full orientation program we give new team members the tools they need to demonstrate that client needs are a top priority and that our culture is centered on the needs of our clients. We offer training to team members that places a focus on hands-on training, exposing professionals to client files and interacting with clients within the first week. Our hands-on environment requires a team of dedicated and self-motivated learners. The Firm also holds monthly professional development workshops centered around substantive legal skill building and holds firm-wide meetings geared at growing practice management skills.
In addition to putting a top priority on our clients’ needs we also strive to recognize the needs of our team. We understand that team members have many considerations beyond work: family, education, fitness, community involvement, etc. To exceed the needs of our clients our team needs to be consistently at is best. To achieve optimum results, we recognize the needs of our team by offering competitive compensation, group insurance benefits, vacation packages and flexible work hours.
Location: Montreal, QC
This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic growing law firm. With over 25 years of experience, Altro Levy LLP is a boutique law firm providing sophisticated cross border tax, estate planning and real estate legal services to high net worth individuals. Our firm is currently recruiting an organized and professional Legal Administrative Assistant to work full-time in our Montreal office.
We are looking for candidates who are professional, with strong organizational skills and initiative. The experience of working within a legal setting would be considered an asset.
Reporting to the lawyers in the Montreal office, the Legal Administrative Assistant is required to perform a range of duties including, but not limited to:
Client File Administration
- Prepare and draft correspondence and legal documents such as engagement letters, reporting letters, trusts and wills
- Review and proofread documents and correspondence to ensure compliance with legal requirements and to ensure that all written communication and documentation in compliance with grammatical usage
- Schedule appointments, meetings and client signings/closings on behalf of all firm professionals
- Prepare files and client documentation for Firm partners/associates for scheduled meetings
- Follow-up with clients regarding ongoing questions on behalf of Firm professionals
- Preparation of deeds for registration
- Produce pre-bill for review prior to file closing
- Act as a witness for client closings/signings
- Ensure the notarization of legal documents
- Prepare client documents for shipment
Scheduling & Travel
- Manages the executives’ schedule
- Field client consultation requests and properly triage the matter to the appropriate professional
- Schedule client follow-up meetings (via conference call, video conference or in person)
- Coordinate interoffice meetings
- Schedule and coordinate business lunches for firm executives
- Schedule travel for firm executives
- Enter billable time entries on behalf of firm professionals as required in time tracking software
- Prepare and print invoices before client’s signing/closing
- Provide reception relief when Receptionist is on lunch or out of the office/on vacation
- Create/update electronic and physical client files
- Greet clients
- Prepare documentation for mailing and distribute mail
- Answer incoming calls and direct as necessary
General Administrative Support
- Miscellaneous Legal Support
- Support associates and partners as required
- Prepare photocopies, correspondence and faxes as requested
- Organize and coordinate file follow-ups as requested
- Operational Support
- Assist on projects and office processes as requested by respective operational department
- Post-Secondary education diploma
- 1-2 years previous work experience within a legal setting
- Perfectly bilingual: verbal and written English and French
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office and legal software programs
- Professional verbal and written communication skills
Interested candidates should submit their résumé and cover letter to email@example.com. Please specify Legal Administrative Assistant in the Subject Line. We thank all candidates who apply, however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.