The owner of a registered retirement savings plan (“RRSP”) (whether before or after its maturity) is deemed to have disposed of the account upon death and the full value of the RRSP is brought into the deceased owner’s income in her terminal income tax return. Read the rest of this entry »
Recent Blog Posts
- Advisor.ca – How to bring 401(k)s and IRAs to Canada
- David A. Altro Presenting at a Seminar by one of the largest US home builders: Lennar
- Is the Florida Land Trust the Right Plan for Canadians?
- Advisor.ca – Disability tax credits for dual residents
- Expatriation: An Overview for Americans Living in Canada