Yesterday afternoon the US Senate voted to approve the US Immigration Reform Bill with a final vote of 68-32 in favor of the bill. While some modifications to the bill were made in the Senate, the key provisions for Canadians have remained largely untouched.
These key provisions include Canadian/ Snowbird Tourism, and the US Retiree visa.
Under the Canadian Tourism provision, Canadians who are 55 years old and over may be admitted as visitors to the US for up to 240 days in a rolling 12 month period as long as they also meet the following requirements: Read the rest of this entry »
Recent Blog Posts
- Advisor.ca – EXPECT U.S. ESTATE TAX CHANGES NO MATTER WHO’S ELECTED
- August 2016 – Dollars and Sense Radio Show on CJAD
- EB-5 Green Card Program Re-extended with no Changes through December
- Advisor.ca – How to bring 401(k)s and IRAs to Canada
- David A. Altro Presenting at a Seminar by one of the largest US home builders: Lennar