Yesterday afternoon the US Senate voted to approve the US Immigration Reform Bill with a final vote of 68-32 in favor of the bill. While some modifications to the bill were made in the Senate, the key provisions for Canadians have remained largely untouched.
These key provisions include Canadian/ Snowbird Tourism, and the US Retiree visa.
Under the Canadian Tourism provision, Canadians who are 55 years old and over may be admitted as visitors to the US for up to 240 days in a rolling 12 month period as long as they also meet the following requirements: Read the rest of this entry »
Recent Blog Posts
- LEXPERT – Confronting the Mental Health Stigma in the Legal Profession
- May 2015 edition of the STEP Journal – Right place, right time
- Limited Liability Limited Partnerships and the Perils of Cross Border Tax
- Upcoming Radio Show: May 19, 2015
- The Montreal Gazette – Tax Strategy: Keep taxman apprised when converting a home into a rental