In the last few years, the U.S. real estate market has sparked interest in the eyes of Canadian investors. We are not solely talking about major investors, but smaller players looking to purchase a second home to escape those long Canadian winters.
The process of purchasing U.S. real estate can be quite daunting for Canadians. As a result, this text will look at the process of purchasing U.S. real estate and discuss the benefits that legal representation provides to Canadian buyers purchasing property south of the border.
Although we will not discuss the differences between straight sales, foreclosures and short sales, it is important that you are aware of their differences, as they have various implications for the buyer. For more information on these topics, please refer here. Read the rest of this entry »
Recent Blog Posts
- CBC News – Taxman clamps down on snowbirds heading south, hopes to save millions
- Upcoming Radio Show: September 8, 2015
- The Upward Trend of the U.S. Housing Market: Follow-Up to the 2015 Florida Real Estate Market Report
- Advisor.ca – How an American spouse can minimize U.S. tax
- May 2015 – Dollars and Sense Radio Show on CJAD